Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Fortnight Rundown March 8-22, 2015

Jeez, its already the end of March! What in the world is going on? And have I, Navshin, done anything productive within these last 2 weeks? Maybe......maybe not.... Mhmm, you know the drill, keep scrolling, and you'll get a loverly insight to what's been going on in the wonderful, little world of Navshin :) (Brace yourselves, this may be a long one)


                


First things first, I'm a realist. (See what I did there? Haha. Truthfully though, that's all I know from that song.. I always change the station after that line. No but seriously, I do consider myself a realist.. at times.. Aaaand continuing on) -> Let me just get this little tidbit of information out of the way, the day's I do not mention, are the days where nothing out of the usual norm takes place, i.e. I only go to school (or "uni" as the fancy Europeans say it) or work and then come home, eat, watch tv (one of my favorite hobbies. Not gonna lie, I've got a tv show for everyday of the week), do some homework (some being the key word here) and then go to sleep. Yes, I know, living the dream, la vie folle (look it up people). 

Anyways, back to what this post is supposed to be about, because we all know, some of us, *ahem* (me), are easily distracted. Onwards!


Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I went to my first, official, fashion show at LA Fashion Week. Being the fashion girl I am, you'd think that I'd have been to like a gazillion by now, but nope, not the case. I had only been to 2 prior to this, one my high school put on back in 2011 (which I was a part of by the way, as a model and designer.. hehe) and one the annual ones my university put on, but I only went to one of those back in 2012. And though the one that my university puts on is kind of a pretty big deal (the largest student-run event at the university #justsayin), it still isn't up in the ranks.. yet! So, I was fortunate enough to attend the Project Ethos at LA Fashion Week at the Taglyan Complex in LA. It showcased a collection by Nicole Miller and Hale Bob, as well as a few others. Overall, it was quite an interesting experience, and I did enjoy it, however, I did think that the event was a bit overcrowded and I was not particularly fond of some of the pieces. I do however have to write an in depth fashion show review on this show for my Cultural Perspectives of Dress class, so yay for writing papers! (Not.) Honestly, I had never really thought about attending an actual fashion show being a normal civilian because I had always thought that you have to be invited to these things. With say, the bigger fashion weeks like Paris, New York, or London (life goals, right there), yes, you do have to be invited. But since, unfortunately, LA is not quite up there, the general populace can buy tickets and attend, which was what I did. 

Here's a very shaky 7-second video I shot on my phone of the venue.

Pretty, right? (Soz, for the shakiness btw..)


Wednesday, March 11 - Saturday, March 14, 2015

The rest of the week was filled with nothing else spectacular.
Oh, I suppose taking two midterm exams, one for French and one for Economics, and writing another paper is quite riveting! You know, maybe.. probably.


Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Walking Dead. The. Walking. Dead. 
That is all. 
(In case you are nosey and want to know my and Naznin's tv schedule, a post about that will be coming soon to a computer/laptop/tablet/phone/whatever other means of technology that is used to ready this beautiful, amazing blog, near you.


Words of wisdom from Abraham Ford.
Photo cred: dailyapocalypse.tumblr.com

Monday, March 15- Sunday, March 22, 2015

Monday, March 15
I learned how to tell time in French! Pretty excited about this, btw. Currently, as I am typing this, Il est six heures et demie, du soir. (For you non-French speaking folk, that literally translates to "It is 6:30 in the evening")

Amongst this week, came THE day. The day, I'd also like to call, The One Where I Chopped Off My Hair. (a title inspired by the titles of the episodes of one of my favorite shows, Friends). I had quite long hair (almost up to my waist), as you may (or may not) know, and I decided to get on the "lob" or "long bob" trend. I will be doing a post all about how I style my hair and stuff soon. :)



                           
                                                                                                      Photo cred for: pinterest.com

a.) I am not bald now, so push those shiny-scalp Navshin thoughts aside. And b.) Though my hair does frizz up in humidity, it does NOT frizz up like Monica Geller's.


No comments:

Post a Comment