Monday, January 25, 2016

An Ode to Dior AirFlash


When we rediscover an old favorite, its one of those miraculous moments, and we question ourselves, "Why did we ever stop using you?!!!" And then we vow to never stop using said product again, but sometimes, life happens, and new product trials come about, and we forget about "Little, Old Faithful" but then it comes back into our lives and changes it for the better.
Such a product is the Dior AirFlash Spray foundation. Being around $60 a bottle (or can), this thing is a serious splurge. When I pulled this gem out from the back of the drawer for a wedding I went to a few weeks ago, I wasn't expecting such a surprise. I mean, I've used it before and I've always loved it, but I guess I had just forgotten how amazingly spectacular it actually is!

Talk about airbrush in a can thing!! Okay, yeah, I know they make those airbrush foundation systems that work amazingly (I've not gotten the chance to use one of those yet, but I'd love to!). But, I feel like the Dior AirFlash is a bit more convenient, as you only need the product and a mode of application, whether that may be a brush,  Beauty Blender, or your fingers. My weapons of choice are a brush or Beauty Blender.


That shade match though... *swoon* And it blends like a dream!
With the brush, I spray a bit of the foundation onto the brush (I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, but any type of large, buffing brush will do!) and then, buff it onto my face, focusing on the areas I need more coverage, aka, the center of my face. I would describe the coverage as medium to full and very, easily buildable. It gives you that "your skin but better" look yet feels like you are wearing nothing at all. I use the shade Medium Beige 300 and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. Also, the gentleman helping me out at the Dior counter when I bought it said it can be used to give that airbrushed look on any part of your body, and it is used for magazine or fashion shoots. Cool!

The Dior AirFlash Spray foundation retails for about $62 and can be found at Sephora or your local Dior counter.


xx, Navshin 

No comments:

Post a Comment